Midfield Methodist Church

Midfield

Year Marker Erected: 2004
Location:

Marker Text:
In 1903, Area Methodists worshiped at the Hawley Methodist Church. George Duffy and W.K. and alice keller were congregation members and Midfield residents. They became charter members of a Methodist Church in Midfild in 1907, and the new congregation first met at the keller hotel. Led by trustees Frederick Cornelius, W.K. McSparran and George Mullins, Member built a Sanctuary and Parsonage at Junetta Street. In 1970, affected by the area's population decline, the Midfield congregation joined the Markham Methodist Church, where they worshiped until 1981, That year, they bought their former church building and established the Midfield Community Church.